27 Nov ROOFTOP SOLAR – HIMACHAL PRADESH
Himachal Pradesh aims to implement a grid-connected rooftop solar program on the majority of its buildings.
HP rooftop solar regulation:
1. Himachal consumers can install solar rooftop projects of the following capacity:
– For rooftop solar PV system of 5 kW or less, 100 percent of approved connected load is allowed.
– For rooftop solar PV system exceeding 5 kW but not exceeding 10 kW, 70 percent of approved
connected load or 5 kW whichever is higher is allowed.
– For rooftop solar PV system exceeding 10 kW, 50 percent of sanctioned connected load or 7
kW; whichever is higher will be allowed.
2. Premise consist of either rooftops or open areas on the land, building or infrastructure or part or combination of all of them.
3. The maximum capacity of the rooftop solar system to be installed by any individual consumer covered under two-part tariff will not exceed 80 percent of the approved contract demand.
4. For single phase low tension (LT) consumers, 7kW is the maximum allowable capacity of the rooftop solar PV system.
5. For 3 phase LT consumers, 20kW is the maximum allowable capacity of the rooftop solar PV system.
6. For 11 kV or higher voltage level consumers, 1MW is the maximum allowable capacity of the rooftop solar PV system.
7. Check meter will be mandatory for rooftop solar PV system having a capacity of more than 20kW.
8. The solar check meter would be optional for less than 20kW.
9. If the amount of subsidy or grant or both exceed 50% of the capital cost of the rooftop solar system, the rates of INR 5/kWh and INR 4.5 /kVAh will be reduced by 50 percent
The subsidy provided by the government is INR 4,000/ kWp + 70% capital subsidy on rooftop solar projects (by MNRE)
*MNRE – Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
#solar #HimachalPradesh #technology #renewableenergy #cleanenergy#rooftopsolar