SECI issued tender for development of 2 MW Solar projects with 1 MW Battery Energy Storage System at Kaza.
The battery energy storage system and solar projects will be located in Kaza, the mountainous state of Himachal Pradesh facing huge temperature variations.
The battery will be located at Rangreek, near Rong Tong Hydro Power Station, 12,000 feet in altitude, facing annual temperature ranges of -40°C to 30°C. Considering these climatic challenges, batteries shall be designed accordingly.
Highlights of 2 MW Solar projects with 1 MW Battery Energy Storage SystemTender:
1. The scope of work includes the design, engineering, supply, construction, installation, testing, and commissioning of the projects.
2. 5 years of operations and maintenance (O&M) services.
3. O&M service will include the supply and storage of all mandatory spare parts, consumables, repairs, and replacements of any defective equipment.
4. The completion of the entire scope of work: 18 months from the date of issuance of the Notice of Availability (NoA).
5. Pre-bid meeting: August 13, 2018
6. Last date for bid submission: August 31, 2018
7. Consortiums or joint ventures are allowed to bid for the projects
In the Indian solar sector, (BESS) is gaining popularity amongst large solar power plants.
Uttar Pradesh tender of 1GW got canceled and is now retendered as 500 MW each by UPNEDA.
The reason of cancellation of the 1GW Tender: Higher tariff quoted by developers. The lowest tariff was ₹ 3.48/kWh.
Highlights of UP 500 MW Retender which is a part of the 1 GW solar tender that was just canceled:
1. 500 MW of grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity to be developed across Uttar Pradesh.
2.12 months will be provided to attain financial closure, land acquisition, and connectivity agreements.
3. The bid submission deadline is August 28, 2018.
4. UPNEDA has fixed an upper tariff ceiling of ₹3.10 (~$0.045)/kWh.
5. A single bidder must bid for a minimum 5 MW and maximum 500 MW.
6. A single bidder can do multiple bids based on project location.
7. For a project of up to 250 MW at a single location, the completion time frame is 21 months.
8. For a project of more than250 MW at a single location, the commissioning timeframe is 24 months.
Delhi to launch a solar rooftop demand aggregation program for domestic customers. This program will benefit residential, schools, hospitals, & municipal segments with an expected aggregated demand of 40MW under RESCO Model. According to the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi, Manish Sisodia "This is the first green budget of the government for effective containment of pollution in the city”